13th February 2017
Melt-in-the-Middle Protein Pancakes
The lovely @joannalowy created these fluffy and OUTRAGEOUS pancakes which are stacked high with a melting chocolate Wheyhey ice cream core!! They are perfect for a post-workout refuel, they are heaven on a plate and the recipe for them is just below!
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop protein powder
1 tub of Wheyhey Chocolate ice cream
A splash of unsweetened almond milk
A handful of strawberries
A handful of Blueberries
Jim Jams hazelnut chocolate spread (for drizzling)
1. Pop the banana, oats, egg, protein powder and unsweetened almond milk into the blender.
2. Heat a teaspoon of coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan.
3. Pour in your pancake mix and fry your pancakes. Fry for a few minutes or so each side. They are good to flip when little bubbles start appearing.
4. Repeat until you have a big stack of pancakes!
5. At this stage, pop them in the fridge for 5 minutes to cool them down so they don’t completely melt the ice cream.
6. Pop your jar of Jim Jams spread into a bowl of boiling water and allow it to melt.
7. Once cool, remove from the fridge and use a pastry cutter to cut a little hole out of the middle of each of the pancakes.
8. Stack them in the centre of a plate and scatter your strawberries and blueberries around them.
9. Drizzle a generous amount of the Jim Jams hazelnut spread around the plate.
10. Take your ice cream from the freezer and use the pastry cutter to create the ice cream core (it is a good idea to pop the pastry cutter in a bowl of boiling water too as this helps cut through the ice cream!)
11. Insert the core into the middle of your pancakes and go and eat them!!