Gluten Free Chia Pudding With Almond Butter
In the past few years there are a few nutritional sensations that have taken the health and fitness world by storm. Acai bowls, protein pancakes, overnight oats, Wheyhey Sugar Free Ice Cream (sneaky add) and poké bowls. To that list you can now add Chia Pudding. This is a creamy pudding, full of healthy fats and all natural ingredients with a surprisingly delicious taste.
The process is simple. Add chia seeds and almond milk to a bowl. Once you leave it sit, the chia seeds will absorb the milk and take on a puffy, rice-pudding feel. It's deliciously filling with a taste and texture not dissimilar to a Muller Rice Pudding.
Chia pudding can be added to the list of gluten free recipes that can be enjoyed at any time of day. Chia pudding is seen as one of the 'kings of healthy desserts' but they are as suited to breakfast as they are to post-dinner festivities. Chia seeds are full of healthy fats and protein, giving you a slow release of energy that will last for hours. In our opinion, that's an ideal way to start the day.
Gluten Free Recipes With a Wheyhey Twist
Like protein pancakes and smoothies that have gone before it, chia pudding is another of those gluten free recipes that leaves a lot of room for personal finishes. Some people add in Greek yoghurt or berries. For our creation, we have included a few of our favourites - almond butter and Wheyhey Salted Caramel Sugar-Free Ice Cream.
After a Summer of fun, a lot of us will be thinking about getting back to a healthy routine and back on track with our training. For some, this mission might seem daunting. Visions of plain rice cakes, dry salads and celery sticks without a treat in sight. But, healthy eating doesn't have to be all doom and gloom. Take this recipe for example, you are using sugar-free ice cream that contains a heap of protein. Then there is the chia pudding. All natural ingredients - honey, almond milk and chia seeds. And don't even get us started on organic almond butter. A healthy treat that is almost too good for words.
So, as you start into the winter months, you have to make a choice. Do you want to go down the road of doom and gloom or will you be healthy the Wheyhey way? When one side brings salted caramel sugar-free ice cream, we certainly know which option we'd choose!
Prep Time: < 5 mins
What Do I Need?
3 or 4 Tbsp Organic Almond Butter
1 Tbsp Honey
200ml of Almond Milk
4 Tbsp of Chia Seeds
1 Tub of Wheyhey Salted Caramel Gluten Free Ice Cream
What Do I Do?
- Place the almond butter, honey, vanilla and almond milk in a bowl and stir.
- Once mixed thoroughly, leaving a creamy texture, add in your chia seeds.
- Mix in the chia seeds so that they are spread evening throughout the bowl. When everything is mixed together, place the bowl in the fridge and leave overnight.
- Leaving the mixture overnight will give plenty of time for the chia seeds to absorb the moisture from the almond milk.
- In the morning you are left with an all-natural and healthy, chia seed pudding.
- Top it all off with a mini tub of Wheyhey Salted Caramel Sugar Free Ice Cream for an extra burst of flavour and protein.