Warm Apple Crumble and Vanilla Wheyhey!
A warm apple crumble and Vanilla Ice cream is a great combination for the cold winter months, so over to Teddy & Alex for their healthy creation this week
This is one of our favourite desserts to have when we are having a cozy night in. It reminds us of our childhood, our mum used to always bake us apple pie and along with that a billion calories haha. So, we created a healthy version which is just as amazing. Enjoy!
Wheyhey Vanilla Ice Cream
2 large bramley apples
1-2 tbs xylitol/stevia
1 tbs of water
Squeeze of lemon juice
2 tbs coconut flour
1 tbs porridge/oats
1 tbs of coconut oil (I use it straight from the fridge which gives it the same consistency as butter)
Preheat oven to 175 celsius.
1. Peel apples and chop them up in small pieces. Place the apples in a pot with a tiny squeeze of lemon juice to help keep their color and a dash of cinnamon and the stevia/xylitol.
2. Cook apples until they are almost broken down.
3. Place all ingredients for the crumble in a bowl and rub together with fingertips until a crumb like texture is achieved.
4. Place apples in a few jam jars or a small tin and cover with the crumble mix. Place them in the oven for about 10 – 15 minutes until the crumble is crisp and a golden colour.
5. Remove from oven and serve with the amazing Wheyhey vanilla ice cream.
*Make sure not to overfill the jars as it bubbles and pushes all the crumb mixture out so leave about an inch space at the top.
Photos by Julia Coptil Gutu @ Moments Alive Photography.