Whey Protein Ice Cream Eton Mess Recipe!
Eton mess is one of the most loved British desserts. The traditional Eton Mess recipe combines crushed meringue, double whipped cream, caster sugar, puréed strawberries and chopped berries. Together this creates a delicious blend of textures that lends itself to the name ‘mess’. But this summer treat doesn’t have to mess up your diet.
“How do I up my protein intake while still enjoying my favourite desserts?”
When the main ingredient is double whipped cream, it can be tricky to combine Eton mess with healthy living. Never fear, Wheyhey! is here to save the day. We believe you shouldn’t have to choose between ‘Eton healthy’ and ‘Eton mess’. (Yeah, we just said that!) Just sub in our vanilla protein ice cream, add in some extra berries and voilá. You have yourself a high protein recipe that you can enjoy all year round.
Below is how to make Eton mess the guilt-free way:
Prep Time: < 5 mins.
What Do I Need?
– 1 pot of vanilla Wheyhey protein ice cream
– 1-2 meringues crushed into tiny pieces
– 50g blueberries
– 50g raspberries
– 100g strawberries
What Do I Do?
- To start, blend half the strawberries into a puree. Chop up the remaining strawberries in halves or quarters depending on their size. Be sure to save one whole strawberry for decoration.
- Add your Wheyhey! protein ice cream to a mixing bowl. Gently fold in the strawberry pureé along with three quarters of your crushed meringue.
- Add in the blueberries, raspberries and your chopped strawberries.
- Spoon the mixture into a dessert glass and decorate with the remaining crushed meringue bits.
Pop a strawberry on top and enjoy one of our favourite healthy desserts.