Wheyhey Banana & Caramel Pie
Good morning Wheyheyers!
We’ve got a Banana Caramel Wheyhey Pie, that will impress the whole dinner party. You’ll have to thank our Wheyhey Chef Sam, for making this incredible recipe a healthy, protein packed one too!
For the pie crust:
2 cups almond flour
2 tbsp coconut oil
For the filling:
1 litre Wheyhey (I used vanilla)
For the caramel layer:
2 cups Medjool dates, pitted, chopped and soaked for 15 minutes
3.5 tbsp Barney’s almond butter
1 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 ripe bananas, sliced into discs
For the topping:
1 large pot Co-Yo or Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 180C. Start by making the pie crust. Place the flour into a processor, then blitz with the coconut oil, egg and salt, pulsing until it forms a sticky dough ball.
2) Press the dough into a pie dish, then bake for 8 or so minutes, or until golden. Leave to cool, then take the ice cream from the freezer to soften.
3) Make your toffee sauce by blitzing the ingredients – apart from the bananas – smooth. Spoon it over the the set base, leaving a couple of tablespoons for decoration, smoothing over until completely covered. Scatter over the bananas.
4) Spoon over the ice cream, smoothing the top as you go. Then whip together the yoghurt with the other ingredients. Spread over your ice cream and base with a palette knife, then place in the freezer for a few hours to set.
5) Once ready to serve, scatter with some more banana slices and dark chocolate shavings, then drizzle over the remaining caramel sauce. Cut into portions and serve immediately.
Have a great Bank Holiday from all of us here at Wheyhey!