Wheyhey Bloody Mary Mocktail
Summer is well and truly here and we want to help you give it a little kickstart with one of our favourite mocktail recipes. The warm weather means there is more temptation than ever to swerve off course. With this mocktail recipe, we have a delicious alcohol-free, healthy cocktail which will keep you on track while still enjoying the party.
What is a Mocktail?
When you hear cocktail you might think of a crazy concoction with different ingredients and unusual flavours, crushed ice and a heavy helping of alcohol. Of course, it’s also mixed together by a maniacally smiling Tom Cruise. A mocktail on the other hand is the sensible non-alcoholic, non-Tom Cruise version. Still delicious and lots of fun.
What is a Bloody Mary?
A Bloody Mary is a very popular cocktail and one of those drinks that is heavily experimented on. Each place you go might have a different take on it. Usually it is made up of vodka, salt, pepper, lemon, tomato juice and a blend of veggies. A stick of celery is added as the final piéce de résistance. Sounds weird but it’s oddly delicious.
The ‘Bloody Mary Mocktail’ or ‘Virgin Mary’ is even more heavily experimented on. Our version is a strawberry drink with a large dollop of sugar free ice-cream, some quirky ingredients and a whole lot of goodness. A delicious, high protein dessert which will keep you on track without missing out on the fun.
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Cook Time: 5 mins.
What Do I Need?
- 150ml Wheyhey Vanilla Protein Ice Cream
- 100g Frozen Strawberries
- 100ml CocoPro (Coconut Water)
- 100ml Unsweetened Almond Milk/Coconut Milk
- ½ Red Onion
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper
- ¼ Cucumber
- Stick of Celery
- Slice of Lemon
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
What Do I Do?
- In a smoothie maker, blend all the ingredients together. Make sure to add in your Wheyhey Vanilla protein ice cream and frozen strawberries first.
- Blend until smooth.
- If your mocktail mixture seems too thick, add a little more CocoPro to thin it out. Don’t add too much, you want to keep a nice creamy texture.
- Transfer to refrigerator to chill or serve immediately.
- Add in a stick of celery, leaving it to stick straight out like a straw.