Wheyhey Chocolate and Peanut Butter Protein Bomb
As bombs go, this chocolate and peanut butter protein bomb is pretty fun. The thing is, it’s not any normal bomb - it’s a timed bomb.
On one hand we wanted to make a melt-in-your-mouth protein cake. But we also wanted to create a healthy dessert that was ready in minutes. The only catch was, to make a cake that lasts it usually needs to set in the oven for at least twenty minutes. We ain’t got time for that!
So, we decided to compromise. This healthy dessert is ready in minutes but, be warned, it’s not built to last.
You’ll have to eat it as soon as it’s done. Poor you!Explosively Healthy Recipes
This is one of our most delicious high protein snacks yet. The chocolate cake is moist and delicious. It’s made with natural ingredients and is rich in protein.
The Wheyhey sugar-free protein ice cream and gooey peanut butter are what gives it that explosion of flavour. It’s messy, it’s tasty, it’s high in protein and soon to be one of your favourite healthy desserts. Time to get started, the clock is ticking.
Prep Time: < 5 mins.
What Do I Need?
- 80g Oat Flour
- 20g Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
- 1 Egg
- 5g Cocoa
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 70ml Unsweetened Almond milk or Water
- Wheyhey Sugar-Free Protein Ice Cream (how much is up to you)
- Peanut Butter (Alt - Any Nut Butter)
- Sugar-Free White Choc Chips
What Do I Do?
- In a small bowl mix together the oat flour, whey protein powder, cocoa and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl mix together the egg and almond milk (or water).
- Tip the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Pour the mixture into a microwave safe bowl and microwave on full power for 2 minutes. Keep an eye on mixture. It’s very important you don’t overcook the mixture or it will become dry.
- Allow the cake to stand for 30 seconds.
- Tip the cake out onto a plate.
- Drizzle over your favourite nut butter and a few scoops of Wheyhey sugar free protein ice cream.
- Eat your protein bomb before it detonates.