Wheyhey Chocolate & Raspberry Tartlets
Pamela has created a winner for the eyes and the stomach with these delicious Wheyhey tartlets.
With a wonderfully nutty case surrounding a combination of raspberries and a ‘creamy’, rich chocolate filling, you’d never guess these individual desserts are actually packed full of protein and healthy fats, as well as being gluten-free and with no added refined sugars.
For the cases
150g walnut pieces
50g ground almonds
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp Sweet Freedom
For the chocolate filling
2 x 150ml tubs of Wheyhey Chocolate Protein Ice Cream
1 carton (about 300g) silken tofu
2 tbsp cacao powder
1 coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp stevia
50g frozen raspberries
Choc Shot, to decorate
First make your tartlet cases.
- Put all of the ingredients into a high-power blender and whizz up in stages until you have a sticky, crumb-like mixture that holds together.
- Divide the mixture into 6 and press into metal muffin cases with your fingers, ensuring the base and sides are completely and evenly covered. Put in freezer.
Now make your filling:
- Remove the Wheyhey tubs from the freezer 10 minutes beforehand to give them time to soften, then place in a blender along with the tofu, cacao powder, coconut oil and stevia. Whizz up until you have a smooth, thick mixture.
- Remove your muffin tray from the freezer and scatter a few frozen raspberries into the bottom of each tartlet case.
- Carefully pour over the chocolate mixture into each, so the raspberries are covered and it just about reaches the top.
- Place a full raspberry on top then return to the freezer for at least 4 hours.
Ready to serve?
Remove the muffin tin from the freezer 5 minutes beforehand. Run a metal knife around the edges of the tartlet and gently remove and transfer to a plate. Squeeze over a little Choc Shot for an extra chocolatey boost and serve up!