It’s the weekend!!!! Check out these OUTRAGEOUS ice cream sandwiches made by the amazing @cakesweightsandproteinshakes ! They look as good as they taste and we just have to share the recipe with you guys! It’s just below so enjoy and hope you all have a fab weekend 🙂
Peanut Butter & Jelly ice cream sandwiches!
- 25g Vanilla Whey protein powder (you can experiment with flavours!)
- 35g Oats
- 30g Peanut butter
- 30g Agave
- 3 tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 150ml tub of Strawberry @wheyheyofficial ice cream
- Blend your oats to flour and add to the vanilla whey protein.
- Add the peanut butter & agave and give it a good mix.
- Add almond milk 1 tbsp at a time… leave some out or add more until it forms a dough you can flatten.
- Use a cookie cutter or similar to cut the dough into equal circles. The dough will be very sticky so it may be best to flatten it in small sections.
- Once the cookies are cut place them into the freezer and leave to chill.
- Meanwhile it’s time to prepare the ice cream. In order to get my cookies and ice cream the exact same shape and size I actually softened my ice cream slightly and put it in a cupcake push pop mould. Once it re-chilled, I pushed the ice cream up and sliced it ready to sandwich between the cookies. If you didn’t want to go to those lengths for tidiness just spoon ice cream out into disc shapes and re chill.
- Once both the ice cream discs and cookies and thoroughly chilled sandwich them together and enjoy! 🙂