The Ultimate All Natural Brownie Mess
It’s that time of the week when jaws hit the floor all around the Wheyhey nation, because it’s Wheyhey Wednesday & once again we’ve got the amazing Charleh from Designed2Eat in with another game changing recipe. This week she’s gone all out with what can only be described as the most perfect mess you’ve ever seen So without any further delay feast your eyes on this weeks Wheyhey recipe
Ultimate All Natural Brownie Mess
Duration: 15 Minutes
1 Protein Waffle from BodyWarehouse
2 Mini Tub of Wheyhey Vanilla Ice Cream
1 Portion of Paleo Friendly Marshmallows (made the night before)
1 Designed2Eat Fudge Brownie Snack Cake
Handful of Fruit, we went for good old strawberries
50g Dark Chocolate, melted
Some serious chocolate loving friends
Protein Waffle from BodyWarehouse
50g BodyWarehouse Raspberry Protein Pancake Mix
50ml Whole Milk
1 Egg (optional)
Sugar Free Paleo Friendly Marshmallows
235ml Water, split into half
3 Tbsp Grass Fed Beef Gelatin
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ tsp Pink Salt
1) First you need to make your marshmallows. Great to make extra for emergency sweet snack!
2) Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper in both directions, leaving overlay on all sides to use as handles to remove the marshmallows when they’re done.
3) Lightly grease the parchment paper with coconut oil and sprinkle with a layer of arrowroot starch or tapioca starch.
4) In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the gelatin with ½ cup of water. If using a hand mixer use a large bowl for this.
5) While the gelatin is softening, pour the other ½ cup of water in a saucepan along with the honey and the salt.
6) Turn the burner on medium heat.
7) Slowly bring the mixture to a boil.
8) Place a candy thermometer in the saucepan and continue to boil the mixture until it reaches 242 degrees (or the soft ball stage). Don’t go over 245 degrees. This could take about 10 min up to 25 minutes depending on how hot the burner is and the size of your pot.
9) When it reaches 240-242 degrees, immediately remove the sauce pan from the heat.
10) Pour the honey mixture into the bowl in a slow steady stream down the side of the bowl, combining it with the softened gelatin.
11) Pouring “slow” here is very important, otherwise the sugar syrup will be too hot when it hits the gelatin causing the marshmallow mixture to break later when you try to spread it. Be sure that the syrup and the gelatin are well combined before moving to the next step. If you need to you can even stop and stir the gelatin when half of the sugar syrup is poured, making sure it is getting mixed in and resume pouring.
13) Turn the mixer to high and continue beating until it becomes thick like marshmallow creme (about 7-10 min).
14) Add the vanilla a few minutes before it’s done mixing giving it enough time to mix in completely.
15) Turn off the mixer and transfer the marshmallow creme to the prepared pan.
16) Smooth the top.
17) Leave the marshmallows to set anywhere from 1 hour to 4-6 hours depending on your gelatin, temp of the syrup and how set you want them.
18) When set, remove the marshmallows by lifting from the parchment paper flaps.
19) Cut to desired size and add more coating while cutting if needed and toss them again in some starch once cut.
20) Next, to make the protein waffle! Combine all the waffle ingredients together and pour onto a pre-heated, greased waffle iron.
21) Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
Remove the waffle from the iron and compress around the bottom of a cup to create a “bowl” shape.
22) Whilst the waffle is stiffening up, remove the Designed2Eat Fudge Brownie Snack Cake from its packaging and cut in half.
23) Add your marshmallows on top until the brownie is completely cover and microwave for 30-45 seconds.
24) Carefully remove from the microwave and set aside.
25) Next, add chopped dark chocolate to a mug and on a very low temperature, microwave the chocolate for 2 mins.
26) Remove from the microwave and stir with a spoon until smooth.
27) To assemble, place your waffle on a serving plate.
28) Next add the Wheyhey High Protein Vanilla Ice Cream, followed by the Marshmallow Brownie and handful of your favourite fruit.
29) To finish, pour on the decadent dark chocolate all over.
30) Finally, enjoy with spoons!
So dig in Wheyheyer & be sure to send us your photos of your creations as we love seeing them all As always have a fantastic day ahead & don’t forget to check out Charleh & all of her amazing recipes here: