Wheyhey Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream Cake
Hello Wheyheyer’s and over to the lovely Sam for her incredible recipe.
I love a pudding rich, utterly delicious and that feels a whole lot naughty, but also incredibly satisfying and knowing it is in fact healthy. So I decided to whip up this amazing Wheyhey Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream Cake.
Created with no added sugars or nasty ingredients, this cake is the perfect guilt-free treat. I made it slightly more indulgent thanks to the chunks of protein brownie, but mix in whatever you fancy – chocolate chunks, peanuts, anything goes!
For the brownie:
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 6 tbsp cacao
- 2 scoops chocolate whey protein
- 1 tbsp xylitol (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g unsweetened apple puree
- 4 squares dark chocolate, 95% or higher
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
For the “cake”:
- 500ml vanilla Wheyhey ice cream
- 500ml chocolate Wheyhey ice cream
1) Start by preheating your oven to 180C and greasing and lining a loaf tin ready for your brownie. To make the brownie, mix together the almond flour, cacao, whey and xylitol. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg with the vanilla and apple puree, then stir into the dry mix until just combined.
2) Gently melt together the dark chocolate with the coconut oil, then stir this into the mix too. Pour into the lined loaf tin, then bake for 18-22 minutes, until cooked but slightly gooey inside still. Set aside to cool.
3) Once the brownies have cooled, take your vanilla Wheyhey from the freezer and leave to warm a little. In the meantime, cut the brownies into small chunks and line a loaf tin with clingfilm.
4) This is where it gets messy! Scoop the vanilla ice cream into a bowl, then mix in half of the brownie chunks. Press the ice cream into the lined loaf tin, then smooth over and place in the freezer to firm back up slightly. Remove your chocolate ice cream ready to warm in the meantime.
5) Once your chocolate ice cream has softened slightly, scoop it into a bowl, then mix in the rest of the chocolate brownie pieces. Spread over the firmed up vanilla / brownie mixture, then place back in the freezer to set for a few hours. Remove from the freezer for about 10 minutes before you’re ready to serve, then cut into slices and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
Something perfect of sharing or even better to keep for yourself!