Wheyhey Fruits and Greens Smoothie Bowl
We have a few questions we want to ask you. To save time, we’ve also taken the liberty of answering them for you.
Question 1 - Have you heard of getting your five a day? Ans - Five pieces of fruit a day? Yes of course. That little nugget has been drilled into us since we were in diapers.
Perfect. Question 2 - What is the easiest way of getting your five a day? Ans - Okay, that one is easy. It’s obviously putting all the fruit into a blender and drinking it down as a smoothie.
Very good, now the tough one...
Question 3 - Do you ever need to get your five a day but want something a bit more substantial than a smoothie? We’ll leave that one open but for us the answer was definitely - ‘yes’. We all love a smoothie but sometimes you just want a bowl of something delicious. That ladies and gentlemen is why we created this Wheyhey ‘Fruits and Greens’ Smoothie Bowl.
Our Favourite Smoothie Recipes, Enjoyed In a Bowl
This smoothie recipe has it all. There’s healthy greens, lots of fruit, sugar free ice cream and lots of protein. Preparation couldn’t be easier. Create your smoothie in a blender with an apple, banana, freshly squeezed orange, mint, spinach and Wheyhey protein ice cream. Add the mixture to a bowl and top with fresh fruit and seeds. Healthy and delicious, it is one of our favourite high protein snacks.
Prep Time: < 5 mins.
What Do I Need?
- 1 banana (cut in two - one half for blending, one half for the topping)
- 3 handfuls of spinach
- 1 granny smith apple (core removed)
- Juice from one squeezed orange
- 1 small tub of Wheyhey Vanilla protein ice cream
- 1-3 fresh mint leaves
Healthy Toppings (optional)
- Handful of melon chunks
- Handful of strawberries
- Tsp of chia seeds
- Tsp of honey
What Do I Do?
- Grab your blender.
- Insert your ingredients into the blender. This includes - ½ a banana, 3 handfuls of spinach, an apple, tub of Wheyhey vanilla protein ice cream, the orange juice and mint leaves.
- Blend until you get a smooth consistency.
- Add the mixture into a bowl.
- Cut the remaining ½ banana into pieces and add to bowl.
- Add any additional toppings of your choice.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy!