Wheyhey Vanilla Milkshake
Ah, the milkshake, what a nostalgic treat, it really takes you back. We have fond memories of the godfather of ice cream desserts. As a kid enjoying a creamy milkshake during summer holidays, or how about with a burger and chips on family nights out? Nothing tops a good milkshake. They are delicious, soothing and the staple of any healthy diet.
Wait, that can’t be right. The staple of any healthy diet? That must have been a typo? Amm, no. Old style milkshakes were high in sugar, calories and general badness. But that is why Wheyhey was created - so you could enjoy guilt free healthy desserts.
Anyone For a Cold And Delicious Protein Shake?
By subbing in our sugar-free Wheyhey protein ice cream and some healthy extras, we created one of our favourite high protein snacks. Our vanilla ice cream creation is low in sugar and high in protein. Not only that, with seeds and a banana, it is chocked full of healthy fats, which keeps you fuller for longer. This protein shake is perfect for post training or simply on a hot summer’s day. It’s one of our favourite healthy desserts to have after dinner. But, with all this goodness, no time of the day is ruled out. Protein milkshake for breakfast anyone?
Prep Time: < 5 mins.
What Do I Need?
- 1 tub of Wheyhey protein ice cream (We used vanilla ice cream, you can try them all!)
- 1 medium sized banana
- 1 tbsp of cacao nibs
- ½ tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- ½ tsp of flax seeds
- 1 scoop of whey protein powder (For an extra protein boost)
What Do I Do?
This healthy protein shake is not only delicious, with just a handful of steps, it’s incredibly easy to prepare.
- Grab a blender, a Nutribullet did the trick for us.
- Gather your ingredients.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Sometimes when the ice cream is frozen, you might need to soften up the mixture. If this happens, just add a tiny drop of almond milk.
- That’s it, you’re done. Enjoy!