Wheyhey Peanut Butter And Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwich
As you may have guessed, we are a little bit ice cream mad here at Wheyhey HQ. We could eat it all day long. It’s the reason we created a sugar free, protein ice cream for crying out loud. We love all types of ice cream but, for some reason, when standing over an ice cream fridge it is the ice cream sandwich which we gravitate towards. Why is that? Well, we are no psychologists but we think it might be because it marries two childhood favourites. How can you say no to a dessert that has both cookies and ice cream? It’s almost impossible.
Peanut Butter And Chocolate Chips
We wanted to come up with a recipe for a healthy ice cream sandwich. But, when our team got together, we went a little overboard. Not only does this protein packed dessert contain cookies and chocolate ice cream. We got our two other favourites involved also – peanut butter and chocolate chips. It is so delicious, we actually think we might have gone a bit too far this time.
There’s more good news, our ice cream sandwiches are low in sugar (including sugar free chocolate ice cream) and made with lots of healthy ingredients. Frankly, we are a little proud of our creation. We hope you enjoy it.
Serves: 10 – 12 Cookies
Prep Time: < 30 mins.
What Do I Need?
- 200g of peanut butter
- 1 ½ tbsp of peanut flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- A dash of vanilla essence
- 70% dark chocolate chips
- 1 tub of Wheyhey Chocolate Protein Ice Cream
- Sweet Freedom Chocolate Shot for drizzling (Low calorie liquid chocolate)
What Do I Do?
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Mix the peanut butter, peanut flour, egg, baking powder and vanilla essence in a bowl until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and we are all done with the mixture.
- Next, line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Using your hands, make 10-12 balls from the mixture. Spread the balls evenly on the baking tray and flatten. Round with a knife to give them a nice cookie shape.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cookie begin to go a golden brown.
- The cookies are now done. Time to turn them into ice cream sandwiches.
- Get your Wheyhey protein ice cream and remove all the contents onto a plate in as neat a piece as possible.
- Slice the ice cream about 3 cm thick. This gives you the middle of your sandwich. If you have 12 cookies, make 6 slices.
- Place your Wheyhey ice cream slice in between two cookies to create your sandwich.
- Drizzle the Sweet Freedom Chocolate Shot on top. If you are feeling frisky, you could even add a few more dark chocolate chips. Voila!