Protein Pancakes the Wheyhey Way!
It’s one of our favourite days of the year at Wheyhey… Pancake Day! Flip your pancakes in style this year, these pancakes are fluffy and moist, packed with protein and so easy to make.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
6 egg whites
90g rolled oats, dry
225g low fat cottage cheese
2 tbs stevia (or more depending on taste)
1 tsp all natural vanilla essence
1 tsp grated lemon peel
Mixed Berry Compote
200g of frozen mixed berries
1 tbs of stevia (Optional)
Splash of water
4-6 squares 85% pure dark chocolate
Strawberry WheyHey ice-cream
Fresh fruit (Optional)
- Mix all of the ingredients of the pancakes together in a blender or with a hand blender and set aside.
- Place the frozen fruit in small pot over medium heat for 10 minutes along with the stevia and a splash of water.
- Heat a large non-stick pan and spray with non-stick cooking spray. For each pancake pour ¼ cup of the batter, I made 3 pancakes at a time in a large skillet. Flip when they start to bubble and cook until golden brown.
- Repeat with all the batter until finished.
- The mixed berry compote should be bubbling away, you can remove from the heat at this point.
- Place half of the chocolate squares in a bowl and melt in microwave for 20 seconds.
- When the chocolate is finished add the remaining chocolate squares and mix until all of it is melted.
- Serve up your pancakes with the mixed berry compote, chocolate sauce and of course some WheyHey ice-cream.